What remedies might be effective in preventing or reducing incivility?
• How do nursing students and nurse faculty members contribute to incivility in nursing education?
• What are some of the causes of incivility in nursing education?
• What remedies might be effective in preventing or reducing incivility?
They gathered responses from online surveys with open-ended questions from 36 nurse faculty and 168 nursing students. Each of the researchers reviewed all comments and organized them by themes. They noted four major themes of responses:
• Faculty perceptions of in-class disruption and incivility by students
• Faculty perceptions of out-of-class disruption and incivility by students
• Student perceptions of uncivil behaviors by faculty
• Faculty and student perceptions of possible causes of incivility in nursing education
A total of eight sub-themes were identified among the faculty comments on types of in-class disruptions. Those subthemes were:
• Disrupting others by talking in class
• Making negative remarks/disrespectful comments toward faculty
• Leaving early or arriving late
• Using cell phones
• Sleeping/not paying attention
• Bringing children to class
• Wearing immodest attire
• Coming to class unprepared
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post What remedies might be effective in preventing or reducing incivility? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.