Theories and Worldview Assignment Instructions
To write an essay in which you compare your worldview with one developmental theory discussed in our course materials.
Every person who has ever lived bases his or her life on a set of basic assumptions. These assumptions form the foundation of his or her worldview. One’s worldview influences and is evident in his or her work.
Write a brief* essay in which you identify important aspects of your worldview, and then discuss ways in which your worldview is compatible with at least one developmental theory.
1) In your first paragraph explain why it is important to consider worldview when studying developmental theories (include at least 3–5 sentences).
2) In your second paragraph briefly describe key concepts and features of one developmental theory discussed in our textbook (include at least 3–5 sentences). Be sure to identify the main theorist, the name of the theory and at least one defining characteristic of the theory.
3) In your third paragraph identify ways in which your worldview is compatible with the theory you have described.
4) In your final paragraph, summarize and reflect on how what you learned about worldview and its relationship to theories will be used in future coursework (include at least 3–5 sentences).
*Your essay must include at least 500, but no more than 800 words. Please edit your work to stay within these parameters.
1. Identify your sources! Current APA guidelines require that a citation be used to identify any/all sources of information that are not considered common knowledge.
2. Do not include direct quotes; instead, paraphrase information about your chosen theory. Remember that your source must be identified with a citation even if you rewrite the information in your own words.
3. Your assignment will include the following:
• A current APA-formatted title page.
• 2–3 pages of text (at least 500, but not more than 800 words).
• Use current APA-formatted level-one headings to identify each paragraph/section of your essay.
• A current APA-formatted reference page.
4. Please edit your work to stay within the assignment parameters. Stay on topic, and write in a clear manner.
5. As a part of your editing/review process, compare your paper to the requirements outlined in the grading rubric as well as the sample paper provided with the assignment instructions.
6. Finally, please consider visiting the Writing Center for current APA citation and reference review.
7. If you have any questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.