the great gatsby essay on historical criticsm
PLEASE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE READ THE BOOK AND GOT IT AT HOME TO USE IT AS A SOURCE!!!
Select one of the provided critical theories, conduct research, then apply your chosen theory to The Great Gatsby in a 3-5 page double-spaced essay. Your research needs to include written or typed notes/sources, a rough draft, a final draft, and a works cited page. Your entire paper should be typed in Times New Roman, 12, and in MLA format. Your essay should have an introduction with a strong thesis, body paragraphs that include transitions and topic sentences, and a clear conclusion.
Select one of the provided literary criticisms:
Gender, Biographical, Historical, Psychological, Marxist, Mythological, Formalism
Once you have made your choice:
- Research that criticism in the provided packets and online
- You must have at least 5 sources, MLA format Works Cited page
- What are the major characteristics?
- What is worth knowing/remembering about your chosen criticism?
- How can you apply your specific criticism to The Great Gatsby?
- What specific characters or passages support ideas from your chosen criticism?
This assignment is worth 100 points. Final drafts are due on Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
- DO NOT USE: I, me, my, you, your, contractions, slang, symbols = informal language in your paper.
- NO COVER PAGE
- NO IMAGES
- Rough Draft 16 May 2018
- Final Draft/Works Cited 22 May 2018
ESSAY IS NOT ACCEPTED LATE
- MLA Format _____/20
-Times New Roman, 12
- Content _____/50
-introduction with CLEAR thesis
-transitions between paragraphs
-concise thoughts to support thesis
-supporting quotes used appropriately
- Mechanics _____/30
DO NOT USE: In conclusion, contractions, you, your, me, I, my,
alot, slang, clichÃ©s, any symbols, abbreviations
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score good grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper