Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Differentiatestatesofconscious,sleeping,and dreaming.
2. Describe sleep disorders.
3. Compare and contrastalteringconsciousness throughdrug use,meditation,and hypnosis.
1. Differentiateclassical conditioning,operantconditioning,and cognitivelearning.
2. Describe elementsofclassical conditioning.
3. Demonstrateclassical conditioningin human behavior.
4. Describe theelementsofoperantconditioning.
5. Differentiateprinciples ofreinforcementand punishment.
6. Demonstrateoperantconditioningin human behavior.
7. Identifythetypesofcognitivelearning and theirapplicationtohumans.
1. Describe theoriesofremembering and forgetting.
2. Compare sensory registers,short-termmemory,and long-termmemory.
3. Identifyand practicemethodsofimproving memory.
1. Describe thebuilding blocks ofthought:language,images,and concepts.
2. Applyprinciples ofcognitiontostrategiesforproblem-solving and decision-making.
3. Identifythecomponentsoflanguage and thestagesoflanguage development.
4. Discuss theinfluencesofcultureon language and how humans think.
5. Defineintelligenceand describe how intelligenceis measured.
6. Identifygender differencesin cognitiveabilities.
7. Describe theinfluencesofheredityand environmenton intelligence.
1. Explainthebiological and psychological sources ofmotivation.
3. Identifythebasic emotionsand how theyare communicated.
4. Describe emotionalintelligenceand how tomanage emotions.
1. Identifystagesofprenataldevelopmentand threatstodevelopment.
2. Describe cognitive,physical,psychosocial and gender- and sex-role developmentin infancyand childhood.
3. Describe cognitive,physical,psychosocial and gender- and sex-role developmentin adolescence.
4. Describe cognitive,physical,psychosocial and gender- and sex-role developmentin adulthood.
5. Describe cognitive,physical,psychosocial and gender- and sex-role developmentin late adulthood.
1. Explainpsychodynamic theoriesofpersonality.
1. Differentiatebetweenabnormal and normal behavior.
2. Discuss psychological disorders and models ofabnormal behavior.
3. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofanxietydisorders.
4. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofmood disorders.
5. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofdissociativeand somatoformdisorders.
6. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofschizophrenia.
7. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofsexual and gender identitydisorders.
8. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofdevelopmentaland cognitivedisorders.
9. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofeatingand sleep disorders.
10. Examinethetypes,causes and treatmentofpersonalitydisorders.
Course competencies for this module:
1. Define stress and describe what it does to the body.
2. Identify ways to cope with stress and to stay healthy.
3. Describe psychosocial effects on physical disorders.
4. Describe psychosocial treatment of physical disorders.
1. Describe fundamentalsofsocial cognition.
2. Examinethenatureofattitudes,prejudice and discrimination.
3. Describe social and culturalinfluenceson behavior,thoughtsand emotions.
4. Examinethepsychological processes involved in social influence