Skills Lab 1
Based on your analysis of policies, planning, and available training; your experience with the Home Visit interactive video; and a discussion with your supervisor, develop a general safety plan that includes the following:
- What potential safety risks have you identified in your agency context?
- How will you prepare when you meet with clients to be safe?
- What will you do if you are in a situation that seems unsafe?
- What will you do if there is an emergency with a client?
- What will you do if a client is agitated or escalated?
- What training or information is available to you about safety and how will you use it?
- How does your plan align with agency and university policies?
- Explain how intentional efforts toward safety can improve your field experience and help you maintain a professional disposition. Use information you have learned about agency and university policies to support your answers.