Multiple Baseline Design Graph
Use Microsoft Excel to sketch a line graph that effectively communicates quantitative relationships in a multiple baseline design across subjects with hypothetical data. Be sure to include all six components of a complete graph.
Assume that you have recorded data for a target behavior of two individuals in a single setting. Using the data, demonstrate the effectiveness of a treatment that includes both self-monitoring and awareness training to decrease the frequency of undesirable behavior. You will submit two graphs with two phases for this assignment. Include specific labels about the behavior recorded and treatment phases.
Be sure to include all six components of a complete graph:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- A chart title.
- Both axis labels on the graph.
- Condition labels.
- Phase change lines. Be sure to incorporate them appropriately.
- Figure caption.
- Participant Labels.
Be sure that the data series represent dependent behavior consistently through the graph and to label participants’ data series. Also remember to include two phases for each participant.
Hypothetical Case Study
For this assignment, use your multiple baseline across subjects graph completed in Unit 7 of this course. Create a hypothetical case study based on the graph. Include your graph with corrections, if any, based on feedback you received from your instructor. Include the following details and descriptions in your case study:
- Summarize the results from the graph.
- Baseline. (How it was gathered.)
- Appropriate dependent variable to be targeted from the graph with operational definition.
- Appropriate independent variable to be used from the graph.
- Implementation of the independent variable. (Be specific, please.)
- Design used (multiple baseline across subjects).
- Results. (This is where your graph should be incorporated along with a visual analysis of data.)
- Internal validity of study.
- External validity of study.
- Social validity of study.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Summarize the results from the graph chosen and include any changes indicated in instructor feedback.
- Identify an appropriate dependent variable to be targeted from the graph with operational definition.
- Describe baseline and independent variables and how they will be implemented.
- Describe subjects and setting.
- Describe conclusions to study, including internal, external, and social validity.
- Resources: 1–2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: 5–9 double-spaced pages, including title page and references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
You will find the original paper and graph paper to help guide you in this assignment. This assignment is dealing with the world of Applied Behavioral Analysis so ABA jargon is required. If you feel you need additional information don’t hesitate to ask.