Improving Her Health Condition Critique
Two parts: Create a presentation & critique a classmate’s presentation
Part 1 (DUE this SAT):
Case study # 2 focuses on observation and assessment of psychological disorders. You may choose a video from the list below or choose an episode of Hoarders that you will watch. Please watch the video or hoarders episode and answer the following questions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Video Selection (find the video on YouTube/Netflix):
- A Beautiful Mind
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- The Soloist
- The Bad Seed
- Words on Bathroom Walls
- 1 episode of “Hoarders”
- I am Someone’s Child, The Regina Louise Story
- The Father
Create a presentation with pictures answering these questions (be creative as possible and maybe you can write some in bullet points):
- What is the name of the main character or focus of the video?
- Describe the setting(s) and environment in which the main character is generally featured.
- What behaviors, that the main character exhibits, appear to be typical of most people of a similar age in similar environments?
- What behaviors that the main character exhibits, appear to be atypical of most people of a similar age in similar environments?
- Using the DSM-5, what diagnoses or psychological disorder(s) appear to be appropriate for the main character based on the atypical behaviors you have described? Cite the definition of the diagnosed condition according to the DSM-5.
- What treatments are recommended for this diagnosed psychological disorder as articulated in the DSM-5.
- What are the expected behavioral outcomes for the main character if the recommended treatments are followed by the main character?
Part 2 (DUE next Wednesday):
- Choose one group’s psychological disorder analysis to formally critique in writing using the attached critique guidance. (I’ll have to send to you later)
- Answer thoroughly in paragraph form
Psychological Disorder Analysis Critique Guidance and Grading Rubric
- Did the group identify the main character? 1pt
- What diagnosis was assumed? 1 pt
- Were the atypical behaviors identified by the group consistent with the defined psychological disorder in the DSM – 5? 2pts
- Were the treatments identified? 1 pt
- Do you agree with the recommended treatments, why or why not? 2 pts
- Did the group identify the expected outcomes for the main character if the recommended treatments were followed? 1 pt
- Do you agree or disagree with expected outcomes if the treatments are followed, why or why not? 2pts