Read “Resolving Ethical Business Challenges” in Chapter 6 of your text, and then address the following points. Support your response with evidence from the text.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each decision that Elaine has made.
- What are the ethical and legal considerations facing Elaine, Dennis, and UBC?
- Discuss the moral philosophies that may be relevant to this situation.
- Discuss the implications of each decision that Elaine could make.
An employee working in customer service at a large company arrives at her desk and finds a package from a customer she recently spoke with. Inside is a gift card for $50 to an expensive restaurant to thank her for her assistance, which ultimately saved the customer money. She remembers that the company has a code of conduct policy against accepting gifts from customers, but she thinks that it may only pertain to gifts of a larger amount. Unsure what to do, she reaches out to a leader in the department for insight.
In your discussion post complete the following:
- Choose a stage from the Kohlberg Model and construct an email response from the business leader in response to this dilemma. Make sure the response reflects the characteristics of the chosen stage from the Kohlberg model.
- After composing the email, predict how that leader’s approach to business ethics might impact the organizational culture.
- Describe how the leader’s decision and advice to you regarding this issue might change over time.