- First, view the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report at: https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Second, utilize the report to respond to some of the following prompts below.
Click on “Reply” below to start a new post for yourself. You will not be able to see your classmates’ posts until you have posted. Your original post should include responses to each of the following prompts:
Using the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report:
- From the 2020 National Diabetes Statistics Report, list the single racial/ethnic group with the highest total prevalence of Diabetes from both Table 1a on page 2 (crude prevalence) and Appendix Table 1 on page 15 (age-adjusted prevalence).
- Then, explain in simple terms why the highest total prevalence numbers among the racial/ethnic groups are different between these two tables. (HINT: There is a helpful explanation on pages 62-63 of the textbook and further detail in the PowerPoint).
There are some excellent sources of data available to report up-to-date information on COVID-19 (i.e., incidence, prevalence, mortality rate). With this in mind, respond to the following prompts:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
3. Provide the website name and the URL for at least 1 reliable online data source for obtaining accurate and trustworthy data on COVID-19 surveillance.
4. Identify 1 interesting or surprising statistic/number on COVID-19 from the website you listed and share it with the class.
5. Explain what the statistic/number means in plain language (simple, easy-to-understand terms). For instance, if you find the case fatality rate surprising, share the rate and explain what the statistic/number means in basic terms.