Assignment 2: LASA 1â€”Business Analytics Implementation Plan Part 1
In learning about BA, you have covered quite a few topics from the managerâ€™s decision-making process to technology integration. The best way to pull all of this knowledge together is to create a BA implementation plan for a hypothetical organization. This is something you would do in a real-life scenario if you came across an organization that does not utilize BA; as a professional, you would create the plan and then present it to management.
Description of LASA
In this assignment, you will create a business analytics implementation plan. The plan will consist of explaining business analytics to management, addressing the advantages and disadvantages of business analytics, the challenges of utilizing business analytics, along with a backup plan in case management does not accept the first option.
You have been hired as a business analyst for a well-known design firm. Currently, they utilize technology for their day-to-day operations but not to analyze data to help with making business decisions. Your task is to convince management that the usage of business analytics would be a great benefit to the business and it would help the business to make well-informed decisions and thus action plans that would align with the businessâ€™s strategic planning.
The firm currently has technology in place but does not have any connected systems. The databases are all independent of each other but they do utilize a client/server environment. The firm currently has one location and it is looking to add a second location in another part of the state, but is unsure as to whether it would be beneficial to the firm.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research business analytics implementation plans. Select at least 4 scholarly sources for use in this assignment.
Write a proposal in which you explain the importance of using business analytics.
Objectives of proposals:
- Describe the business and provide a summary of the business analytics they could apply to their business in multiple scenarios.
- Describe the benefits and disadvantages of business analytics, as well as how the organization can be proactive in addressing any disadvantages. Include at least 3 benefits and disadvantages.
- Address any challenges the organization may face using business analytics, as well as how the organization can be proactive in addressing the challenges. Be sure to address at least 3 challenges.
- Propose three business analytic techniques. Compare them and discuss at least two benefits and disadvantages of each.
- Create an implementation plan to integrate business analytics into your organization.
- Create a backup proposal in case management does not approve your initial proposal. The backup proposal should have at least 3 changes different from the original plan.
Write the paper from the perspective that it will be presented to management of the firm and you are trying to persuade them to utilize business analytics for data-driven decision making.
The paper has to contain the following:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents (auto-generated by MS Word)
- Implementation Plan (5â€“6 pages of content)
Utilize at least 4 scholarly sources in support of your recommendations.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write a 10â€“12-page proposal in Word format. This page total should include the Cover Page, Table of Contents, Introduction, Implementation plan, Conclusion, and references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.