Crisis Prevention and Duty to Warn and Protect Analysis
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In the lecture, duty to warn and duty to protect were reviewed. There are significant legal and ethical implications surrounding these concepts. For this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of these concepts. Your response is worth a total of 100 points.
In 1969, Prosenjit Poddar told his university counseling center therapist, Dr. Lawrence Moore, that he intended to murder TatianaTarasoff. Dr. Moore warned campus police and Poddar was briefly detained but then released. Poddar subsequently murdered Tarasoff. The family of Tarasoff sued the therapist, the university, and others asserting that the counselor failed to warn Tarasoff or her parents. The counselor and the university maintained that they owed no duty of care to the victim.
Review your state laws related to duty to warn and duty to protect. Reflect on the laws and how you might resolve any duty to protect or duty to warn dilemmas from the Tarasoff case
You are to download and read an article related to Duty to Warn. Respond to the following as part of this assignment (one or two pages). Article Below
- Summarize the article (2 paragraphs).
- What are the primary legal and ethical issues? (1-2 paragraphs)?
- Discuss any issues with duty to warn that are specific to your state?
- Find citations for at least three additional articles related to duty to warn. Provide the citations in APA style?
- Reflect on your experience in reviewing the learning materials and the article selected. Discuss any ethical or legal issues that might be relevant (1-2 paragraphs).