For this essay, you will narrate an event or describe a person in your life that is important to your outlook on learning or writing. You might consider these possibilities to help you arrive at a topic:
- A person who taught you something about learning or writing, through words or actions, perhaps by setting either a good example or a bad one
- An event that challenged you to learn something new or change your approach to learning or writing
- A learning or writing situation you encountered at work or in your community that involved a failure
- A learning or writing situation you encountered at work or in your community that involved an important victory
Organize your essay into several paragraphs, including the following:
- an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement
- body paragraphs that support the thesis statement
- a concluding paragraph
Point of View – First Person
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.